Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Syd Barrett dies... :-(
Syd Barrett dies... :-( [message #6965] Tue, 11 July 2006 09:32 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

The great loss for the psychedelic...

"Wish you were here" [message #6966 is a reply to message #6965] Tue, 11 July 2006 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

He'll be missed. He founded Pink Floyd and the song "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" was written about him.

Re: "Wish you were here" [message #6967 is a reply to message #6966] Thu, 13 July 2006 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
There were large pics of Barret on the big screens when Roger Waters played "Wish... " & "Shine on.. " at the Roskilde Festival. He, as the other Pink Floyd members, aknowledged Barrets big influence - though Barret was only involved in the first PF album, Pipers at the Gates of Dawn.

Sad news

Re: "Wish you were here" [message #6969 is a reply to message #6967] Tue, 18 July 2006 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sub-zero is currently offline  sub-zero
Chancellor
I read this the other day on Yahoo. Sad news indeed. He was one of the pioneers of the modern-day sound I think, even though Floyd was pretty much unique and their own genre, I think that he gave other artists some good ideas about new sounds.

Re: "Wish you were here" [message #7008 is a reply to message #6969] Tue, 01 August 2006 03:11 Go to previous message
telegraph.hill is currently offline  telegraph.hill
Viscount
Yes - sad news indeed.

Was Syd in the band when they did Relics? I loved that one.

Previous Topic: Ninety-Nine Years
Next Topic: Debbie Harry just does something to me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:22:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout