Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2.
Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2. [message #6955] Sun, 09 July 2006 04:56 Go to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
WOW!!! I'm certainly glad I went. I had been counting the beans, since I had to pay for not only the one day ticket, but also the train fare, and eating and drinking at the festival.

Finally, I decided to go, expecting a good, albeit not super experience. I was wrong, it was quite marvelous. Waters played a full concert, not one of those shortened festival gigs. First set included lots of material from Pink Floyd's and Waters own back catalogue - second set was devoted to the whole "Dark Side of the Moon" album, played 'as recorded'. Extra's was "Compfortly Numb", among others.

I lost sence of time during the event, but he played, I believe, for ober 2½ hours (including the short 10 minutes break). For once, the weather was being cooperative at the festival, with the sun starting to set in the north west at concert start (21:30), and a half moon low in south west.

The sound was excellent, due to the turbo sound system used. It's sorta the live concert answer to surround sound, and it managed to envelope the audience with sound, in a hifi quality mode.

Even though I'm now paying the extra price for being there, in the form of a nasty Summer cold, it was worth it - probably one of my top ten life time concerts! :)

Re: Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2. [message #6956 is a reply to message #6955] Sun, 09 July 2006 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Where was this M?

Re: Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2. [message #6958 is a reply to message #6956] Sun, 09 July 2006 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Huh? Sorry, don't understand the question...

Re: Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2. [message #6963 is a reply to message #6958] Mon, 10 July 2006 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I think he's asking you where the event took place.

Re: Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2. [message #6964 is a reply to message #6963] Mon, 10 July 2006 22:48 Go to previous message
Master
Oh OK In Denmark, at the annual Roskilde Festival. A 4 day music festival in Roskilde, not far from Copenhagen.

Previous Topic: Match Point
Next Topic: Lady in the Water
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:21:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout