Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Summer Sci-Fi
Summer Sci-Fi [message #59289] Fri, 22 May 2009 15:02 Go to next message
DICK is currently offline  DICK
Chancellor
This summer bodes well for sci-fi fans. Plenty of pulse pounding pyrotechnics. And a couple here that may give more to ponder. MOON, starring Sam Rockwell and directed by David Bowie's son could be very interesting. A lone miner confronts his double near the end of his 3 yr. assignment alone on the far side of the moon. http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/moon/trailer.html . And one that to me looks very interesting called DISTRICT 9. Aliens are marooned here on planet earth, in Africa, in Johannesburg and subjected to apartheid conditions. A rotten multinational company controls their lives. http://www.d-9.com/ . There is an unpixalated version of the creature being interrogated also on the net. Good stuff maynard.
Re: Summer Sci-Fi [message #59292 is a reply to message #59289] Sat, 23 May 2009 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Very cool, thanks for the heads-up. I'll check them out.
Re: Summer Sci-Fi [message #59436 is a reply to message #59289] Sun, 21 June 2009 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
savvyeyty is currently offline  savvyeyty
Esquire
Hi there! Just checked out Moon. It sure is awesome. I'm gonna look for it in stores. Thanks for the tip.
icon14.gif  Re: Summer Sci-Fi [message #59451 is a reply to message #59289] Sun, 21 June 2009 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa Parham is currently offline  Melissa Parham
Chancellor
Thank you so much for this post, Sam Rockwell is the top of my favorite actor list, and I have not even heard of this film yet.
The trailer looks very intriguing. Thanks again!! Melissa
Re: Summer Sci-Fi [message #59528 is a reply to message #59289] Fri, 26 June 2009 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takatenamano is currently offline  takatenamano
Esquire
That movie is great, for those who are like me who love those types of movies of course. Razz You really won't stop watching the movie when you're already in the scene when he saw a dead body... Of himself. Very Happy
Re: Summer Sci-Fi [message #60383 is a reply to message #59289] Sat, 11 July 2009 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I saw the movie Moon yesterday. A very good film that centers on the gradual discovery of a man's life insidiously and callously being used by a corporate entity. Sam Bell is expendable, over and over again. It's nice to see a sci-fi movie with a real humanistic plot rather that relying on the gee-whiz factor inherent to the genre. The look of the film's setting is very well done though. Why is it that movie makers insist to have sound effects in a vacuum I find curious. Stanley Kubrick kept it true to form. The other movie I first mentioned, DISTRICT 9 just gets more and more interesting as evident in the latest trailer http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/district-9-trailer.html
Moon [message #60384 is a reply to message #60383] Sat, 11 July 2009 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Awesome. Sounds like not only is it cool as a sci-fi, but also as a sort of personal drama that's really fitting for the way things are these days.

I'm eager to see it, for sure. Probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD though. I'm putting it in my Netflix queue right now!
Re: Summer Sci-Fi [message #60482 is a reply to message #59289] Tue, 28 July 2009 10:28 Go to previous message
Chancellor
More sci-fi and a reoccurring moon theme. How bout Nazi's hiding out on the moon since 1945. Readying to strike earth with their armada of Nazi attack saucers. IRON SKY!! Seig Heil!! http://www.ironsky.net/site/
Previous Topic: Yes / Asia Concert
Next Topic: The Beatles Box Sets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 16:43:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout