Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Playlist for the week Ending 3/6
Playlist for the week Ending 3/6 [message #6503] Sat, 04 March 2006 17:58 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)

It's a Beautifull Day- It's a Beautifull Day. Yep, the album and band have the same name; White Bird, good old Pscycedelic stuff.

Songs From A Room-Leonard Cohen, Bird On A Wire. Corny but nice.

Gonna Take A Miracle- Laura Nyro and Labelle, Killer verion of Spanish Harlem

Romantic Warrior- Return To Forever/Chick Corea. Stanley Clarke/Lenny White/Al Dimeola. What else is there to say.

Still Feel Gone and March 16-20 1992- Uncle Tupelo. Try Coalminers; real earthy.

After Hours At The London House- Sarah Vaughn. Speak Low is a female singer singing jazz.

Lot of upbeat stuff this week; good roots rock and some diversions like White Bird for giggles. Forgot how good Tupelo is; I need to play this more often. It's good adult type alt rock. Nice to relax with Sarah, reintegrate the vocal neural memory. Listen to this and the new stuff sounds like TV commercials.

Re: Huge Laura Nyro fan! [message #6504 is a reply to message #6503] Sun, 05 March 2006 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Have several LP's, NY Tendaberry and others but her SACD Angel In The Dark is magnificent. When I first got it I skipped over the "new" songs but then I was captured by the whole album. Better and better.
Recently got my first Sarah Vaughan LP. Not sure what all the fuss about Billie and Ella is for but Sarah is a great one.

Re: Huge Laura Nyro fan! [message #6505 is a reply to message #6504] Sun, 05 March 2006 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
What I like about Laura is the blending of R&B and pop with a hint of that oldies street corner style . Funny but if you look at the songs there are so many that people would not attribute to her at all.

Stoned Soul Picnic
Sweet Blindness
Save The Country
Eli's Comin'
Stoney End

Great lyrics and melodies with a nice R&B Feel. And her voice has that nasally sweetness that fits the tunes perfectly. NY Tendaberry and Eli and The Thirteenth Confession.
Gonna Take A Miracle is a great way to start as she does covers of lot of the old soul music of the 60's.
So what about this, "Angel In The Dark"? I haven't heard it.

Re: Playlist for the week Ending 3/6 [message #6506 is a reply to message #6503] Mon, 06 March 2006 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm on sort of a Kate Bush kick this week. That and an assortment of old seventies music, mostly one hit wonders, just for fun.

Re: Playlist for the week Ending 3/6 [message #6507 is a reply to message #6506] Mon, 06 March 2006 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Got Names? Give us 'de names; we need names!
Where were you on the night of....

Re: Playlist for the week Ending 3/6 [message #6508 is a reply to message #6507] Mon, 06 March 2006 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Stuff like Driver's Seat (Sniff 'N the Tears), Cars (Gary Numan) and Pop Music (M). Just fun time stuff.

Re: Playlist for the week Ending 3/6 [message #6509 is a reply to message #6508] Mon, 06 March 2006 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I like the Beach Boys for that. And good old Motown; motor city shakedown.

"War; uuuggghhh!
What is it good for;
Absolutely nothin'
Say it again..."
War!

" Shuggafi hunnybun
You know that I love you,
Cain't help masef
I love you and nobody else."

"Gowin to a go-go,
Everybody,
Goin to a go go.
Nah nah nah yeah- eah."

Re: Been hearing about Kate Bush [message #6510 is a reply to message #6506] Mon, 06 March 2006 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Picked up The Dreaming at the last record show. Not what I expected. Punk? Kinda moderate.........

Re: Been hearing about Kate Bush [message #6511 is a reply to message #6510] Mon, 06 March 2006 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You might like this one, as it's a compilation of her most memorable songs from the 70's and 80's.

Kate Bush - the Whole Story

Re: Been hearing about Kate Bush [message #6512 is a reply to message #6511] Tue, 07 March 2006 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is she a fox or what?

Previous Topic: Playlist For the last week of Februrary.
Next Topic: motorcycle songs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:45:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout