Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Another nice story
Another nice story [message #58232] Sat, 15 April 2006 13:42 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Sounds like a character from the Lord of War. [message #58238 is a reply to message #58232] Sat, 15 April 2006 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eldragon is currently offline  Eldragon
Viscount
Good movie.

Re: Sounds like a character from the Lord of War. [message #58240 is a reply to message #58238] Sun, 16 April 2006 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, don`t be shy - tell us more:

-is it true that AK47 is the best "all-around" assault rifle and why?
-is it true that "Crvena Zastava" (Serbia) version is the best, and how it compares to the Russian, Hungary, Romanian, China and other versions?
-what`s better - standard 7.62 calibar, or 5.45 and why?

Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58241 is a reply to message #58240] Sun, 16 April 2006 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Hi,

Ak has been longer around with minimal improvements, and I think it is the most durable, of the all in its class. I've talked to some former soldiers from Laos who were virtualy trowing away M16's in favor of AK's. But that was almost 40 years ago and M16 have since come long ways. Is it best? Hard to tell. Progress has moved forward in this industry too. Here in the US "Yugo" AK is highly sought version, and it is still rarest of all - with the heftiest price too!

CZ (yugo) version : The wood and workmanship of these rifles are almost the same as the Romanian but the most important variance is the metal thickness of the stamping. Other countries use the 1mm thickness the Yugoslavs used a 1.5mm thickness. This added thickness allows for more rigidity in the receiver while still allowing some flexing.

7.62 more knock-down power, better penetration...etc. I'll let you read an article:

Didn't you serve in JNA?

Regards!

Dragan

Re: Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58242 is a reply to message #58241] Sun, 16 April 2006 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Fascinating thread, because of all passionate arms lovers and their opinions about killing, combat, ammo, guns...
Personally, I dislike all of that...

Re: Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58244 is a reply to message #58242] Sun, 16 April 2006 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Whe I first came into U.S., I was into guns. One of the reasons was, in former Yugoslavia you couldn't own the gun unless for hunting or service. Since then,I outgrew the "hobbie" and I am in fact for a "ban."
The gun culture is deep rooted here, and they are never going to be outlawed.

You listen The Stranglers, you must be as old as I am?

Got "Man in black" somewhere here...?

Re: Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58245 is a reply to message #58244] Sun, 16 April 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Interestingly, during the war and a few years after it, "arms culture" take roots here, people actually have rocket-launchers under the bed and various automatic weapons, bombs, etc. Little by little, with buying off the weapons and ban, goverment has done a lot to supress this evil. The millitary arms is banned, and "civilian" (hounting arms and pistols) can be possesed (with licence), but not carried.
Many tragical events also "cooled off" the people besides everyday economic struggles, religion, etc. , and as far as I can see - "arms culture" is a marginal here, almost nobody cares for guns any more.

About Stranglers - yes, I listened to them a lot in high-school, but stopped after the 10th LP, ha...
Remember Sarlo akrobata, Elektricni orgazam, EKV, Idoli... then Azra, Paraf, Haustor, Film, Pankrti... didn`t listen to it for 20 years...

Re: Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58246 is a reply to message #58245] Sun, 16 April 2006 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Same in Belgrade. Milosevicev regime alowed thugs to control the streets. Murder was random and largely unpunished. One maniac threw a handgranade inside the loaded bus. I found that only after I visited the city after fifteen years in 2001. Thankfully by then, they started to clean things up. End finally my last two visits last year showed great progress. I even took my family there, and my wife was pleased with shopping etc.... I heard Zagreb is beautiful? Belgrade still looks kind of dirty.

Ne mogu da verujem da pricam sa tobom na engleskom, jesmo li foliranti ili sta?
Secam se Sarlo akrobata, ..orgazam, Film i Idole, ostale... ne mogu da se setim...?!

Re: Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58247 is a reply to message #58246] Sun, 16 April 2006 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Malo je nezgodno zbog drugih ovdje raspaliti privatnu pricu i to jos na njima stranom jeziku...ovdje je 00:36, vrijeme za spavanje - najbolje nastaviti razgovor drugom zgodom privatno, E-mailom... Ciao...

Re: Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58248 is a reply to message #58247] Sun, 16 April 2006 16:53 Go to previous message
Viscount
u pravu si: cmandantemarcos@hotmail.com

Cujemo se!

Dragan

Previous Topic: Interesting animation on Nuclear bunker-busting weapon
Next Topic: Some Facts and a real laugh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:53:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects