Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue
Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58205] Mon, 10 April 2006 10:58 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Now it's "Immigrants Rights" instead of how to deal with lawbreakers.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58206 is a reply to message #58205] Mon, 10 April 2006 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yep, noticed that. Saw a minute ago as I walked through the break room that there was a group of protestors that were flying the US flag. That's a first. They must have wized up some and decided that waving the Mexican flag around wasn't helping much.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58207 is a reply to message #58206] Mon, 10 April 2006 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; that changed the following day after the first protest march. They are recieving marching instructions from hispanic radio. The DJ's are being coached by pro organisers. Thats why every interview you hear is starting to sound the same; thats the script.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58208 is a reply to message #58207] Mon, 10 April 2006 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

They hit the streets here in Tulsa today. But every one of them was flying the American flag, so I guess that's acceptable. At first, I started feeling sort of invaded but then as I rode by I realized they all had American flags and thought if they're stand-up guys, maybe that wasn't so bad. I do wish they'd learn English though. What they speak in their homes and communities is up to them but I prefer public discourse in America to be spoken in English.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58210 is a reply to message #58208] Tue, 11 April 2006 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
They are doing what they are being told to do. The first two days of protest you did not see an American flag anywhere in sight. That angered so many people; it is the reason for this thread if you read back. So the leaders spread the word to fly the American flag exclusively. That is how they are adjusting the message so they don't anger the citizens.
See; it worked on you.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58211 is a reply to message #58210] Tue, 11 April 2006 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's obviously an organized effort. I agree with you; I've been hearing reports about how some of the rallys have gone, with Mexican flags and upside down American flags or none at all. I think that's reprehensible and I think the INS should load up everyone in rallys like that and check their status, deport those that aren't here legally. But the one here in Tulsa looked OK. Good thing too - Tulsa didn't have nearly as many Mexicans 10 years ago, this isn't Texas, so we're not used to this sort of thing. I'm not sure how Tulsans would have reacted if the rally participants had not been respectful. They seem to be proud to be Americans here.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58212 is a reply to message #58211] Tue, 11 April 2006 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Are they proud to be illegals since they are breaking our laws. They are not Americans and that is the problem. The very fact that they think they can do as they please while the rest of us have to obey the laws.

The honest immigrants who followed the rules look like schmucks now.

Next; why were they flying the flags of their homeland in the first place? Maybe because they have no interest in America except as a big giveaway for health care and jobs?

If they are unhappy with their own homelands; how about using all that political marching to change things there?

And believe me; of course they are respectfull; they know they would be deported in a second if they weren't.

This is political extortion and we should not be held hostage to people who don't respect our laws.

There is no defense for this nonsense; I'm sorry if I sound harsh but let eight million people move in who have proven they don't respect our laws is wrong.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58213 is a reply to message #58212] Wed, 12 April 2006 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you completely. If they fly the Mexican flag instead of the American flag, I find that unacceptable. I take a "go back home" attitude. And if they're here illegally, then they're thieves. Again, I take a "go back home" attitude. But for legal immigrants, I know what steps they've taken to be here and understand why they are sometimes the most patriotic citizens.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58214 is a reply to message #58211] Wed, 12 April 2006 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Next rally you go by start yelling AMIGRA,AMIGRA (spanish for immigration) see how many take off running or see if a riot starts against us whitie's. Theres redneck boys around here that will kick there ass.

Re: Notice how they have dropped the word "Illegal" from the immigrant issue [message #58215 is a reply to message #58214] Wed, 12 April 2006 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The real problem is this. Too many people feel bad for them. Funny because they don't know the circumstances of their being here. Many could make it fine back in their homeland's. But they couldn't own all the toys and clothes and cars. So they want to come here. They leave their wives and children and families; sometimes for years.
How the hell can you do that?
Why can't you stay and make your homeland better by working with your communities?
How fair is it that they have driven the cost of healthcare above what American citizens can afford?
How fair is it that immigrants who desire to live here from countries that do not have a border with America they can walk across sometimes wait dozens of years for a chance to come here.
How fair is it that people with qualified skills and good work histories from places like India cannot come here because they don't have any family here; because family ties determine if you can immigrate legally.
So the latino's move here then sneak their familie relatives over and then we have to accept them.

If you have a car accident with an illegal; do you know he can sue you? Even if he doesn't have a drivers liscence or insurance or was speeding or breaking the law.

How fair is it they can break our laws but we would be jailed instantly if we did the same thing in Mexico or Guatamala.

But how really sick is it that we have hundreds of thoudands of Latino prisoners we pay huge amounts of money to keep in jail; while the Mexican government refuses to take their criminals back.

Previous Topic: Wall of Fortress Town
Next Topic: Yeah; Nice shots of Manhattan Bud
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:16:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout