Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Surprising Fact about the Mart
Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58041] Mon, 27 February 2006 19:29 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
New Jersey has a state financed health care plan for those below the poverty line. Geuss which members of those below the poverty line are most highly represented. No; not welfare mothers. The list of those who recieve state health benefits for the poor are in this order.

Wal-Mart Employees= 549 families and their children lead the pack.

Home Depot Employees=335 families and their children live below the poverty line and are supported by the state.

Pathmark Grocery Stores Employees=318 families

Target Employees= 232 families

Want to know where your taxes go; to the working families from Wal-Mart/Home Depot etc. It is a disgrace.

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58042 is a reply to message #58041] Tue, 28 February 2006 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
What's a disgrace to me is that so many folks buy by price only. That is what keeps the Wal-Marts of the world in business. That and Paul Harvey telling his cute little Wal-Mart stories at noon everyday

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58043 is a reply to message #58042] Wed, 01 March 2006 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
My right wing friend when quoted these facts stated "It's a good thing that WalMart gives poor folks jobs"

My brains fell out of my head. Whenever I debate him he drops some bombshell that spins me out of control. I have the facts, I am pretty quick on my feet. But he always seems to have some outrageous statement that just leaves me blank.

We did finally end up with a discussion about it.

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58044 is a reply to message #58042] Wed, 01 March 2006 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Waaaah? Paul Harvey tells Wal-Mart stories? That old crank; who rolled him out of the institution and stuck a mike in his face?
I don't see it as being about price. First of all you don't save there. The cheap crap fails in a month and you have to buy it again.
Nothing worth having is cheap
Nothing cheap is worth having.

Dollar For Dollar you come out ahead with quality stuff everytime. The real truth is everyone is like small children who have to have new things all the time to keep their interest. Since they can't afford good stuff they buy up all the cheap crap and use it for a little while then toss it. A nation of children.

Then to support their cheap crappy toys and pressboard furniture some twelve year old in a third world country gets to work their life away for pennies in order to provide a profit for the Wal-Mart predators.

Someday I will look in there if only to confirm my worst suspicians.

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58045 is a reply to message #58043] Wed, 01 March 2006 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; if they have jobs...then why are they poor? Sounds like a contradiction to me. If the so-called poor folks got paid a fair wage; then they would not be poor, would they?
If your friend has a job; is he poor? If not; then why not?

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58046 is a reply to message #58045] Wed, 01 March 2006 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hehe, sharp points, MB!

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58047 is a reply to message #58045] Wed, 01 March 2006 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Uh, yea he is poor, he works for me . We're all poor together.

Poor is relative however. I do have basic health insurance available, which we match, and you're eligible immediately. (No 2 yr wait) Compared to many folks, we're doing all right.

I just find the attitude egregious. I bust a nut to do what's right by my employees, and don't understand the folks who don't. Probably why I'll never be rich. If they're so damn important to WalMart's success, then treat them accordingly.

Malthus Lives [message #58048 is a reply to message #58046] Wed, 01 March 2006 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Didn't know the Dead Kennedys read dead economists.

Re: Malthus Lives [message #58049 is a reply to message #58048] Wed, 01 March 2006 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I don't know how he remmembers all these lyrics with these political theme's. He has a song that is right on for every political issue.
I am lucky if I can remmember "Four Dead IN Ohio."

Re: Surprising Fact about the Mart [message #58050 is a reply to message #58047] Wed, 01 March 2006 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats the point; the employees are cattle to them. But I blame the employees; get organised and fight for your rights. Thats why there are right to work states; so companies can keep organisers out of the building and as a result; well... look at the people working for the Wal; wage slaves.

Previous Topic: Wal-Mart CEO dictates Policy To Governers
Next Topic: Well Bush the sell-out strikes again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:14:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout