Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » State of the union
State of the union [message #57906] Tue, 31 January 2006 19:40 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
"What, Me Worry?"

Re: State of the union [message #57907 is a reply to message #57906] Tue, 31 January 2006 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Was this a rerun? I'd have sworn I heard this speech before.

Re: State of the union [message #57908 is a reply to message #57907] Wed, 01 February 2006 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You have; it's the same nit-wit speech he always feeds the yahoos. All air no substance; because heyy...substance means we gotta think, that makes my head hurt.

Re: State of the union [message #57909 is a reply to message #57908] Wed, 01 February 2006 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
This line "With so much in the balance, those of us in public office have a duty to speak with candor" almost made me lose my cookies. From the most secretive White House ever, or at least second only to Nixon.

How bout some Abramoff disclosures?

Re: State of the union [message #57910 is a reply to message #57909] Wed, 01 February 2006 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How about comparing himself to Martin Luther King? How about bringing up WW2 like he was in it? There were so many comedy lines in that speech you could write ten Saturday Night Live episodes from it.
But the best is how many initiatives did he mention that we won't have the money to fund because he is cutting taxes during a war?
And whatever happened to WMD's? Isn't that why we went to war? Forgot about that I guess.
How about the statement concerning human-animal cloning combinations? Even his own people looked confused by that star-wars analogy.
Man there is so much nonsense; who buys this crap anyway?
Notice there isn't much response now from the other side; they only have something to say when they are ahead in the polls. Now they are silent as the grave.
Sheepish I think is a good word here. Hard to realise you are so totally off base and wrong-headed. And those of us who fought against the propoganda and lies will never get an apology for all the insults.

Re: State of the union [message #57911 is a reply to message #57910] Wed, 01 February 2006 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
When I went searcing for the text to get that quote I read 1/2 of 2003, and almost all of the 2005 speech before realizing I had the wrong speech. I did stumble across the uranium quote.

Ahh, thanks for the memories

Re: State of the union [message #57912 is a reply to message #57911] Wed, 01 February 2006 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It comes towrds the end of the speech where he is playing to all the religous wackos. Don't quote me but he said something to the effect that we as Americans will not sanction research into the cloning of human traits into animals.
Because we see a lot of that around here and it must be stopped. Right after he promised we would be independant of mid-east oil by 2025. Yes; and I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn for sale also.

Re: State of the union - Planet of the Apes? nt. [message #57913 is a reply to message #57912] Wed, 01 February 2006 11:19 Go to previous message
Master
nt

Previous Topic: Kraft is laying off 8000 workers.
Next Topic: Medicare Mess
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:21:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout