Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Cowboys Faggots
Cowboys Faggots [message #57859] Wed, 18 January 2006 05:53 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I`m glad for you, Wild-West boys (movie awards, etc.), but when I was a kid cowboys were strong macho man, fightin` for justice and nice ladies - and not foolin` around sucking each other dicks...
What`s happenin` ?

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57860 is a reply to message #57859] Wed, 18 January 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Where you been? Montana; where men are men and sheep are nervous.

It gets lonely out there on the prarrie; the hacienda is far away and only the stars for company. A man gets lonely and comes to feelin' like he needs some company. Cows are too big. Yep; your partner starts to look mighty good after six months in the tall grass. Those big old spurs a jinglin' and janglin'.

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57861 is a reply to message #57860] Wed, 18 January 2006 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI JOhn,
WOuld you extend that line of reasoning to the military as well?
How about oil rigs?
COnstruction crews in third world countries?
YOu think the percentage of gays is higher in these environments?

-akhilesh

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57862 is a reply to message #57861] Wed, 18 January 2006 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, we covered this before...

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57863 is a reply to message #57861] Wed, 18 January 2006 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hold up there old buddy; I don't really have an opinion on gays or where they are located. That was my attempt at humor. Someone elses sexual proclivities are their business; I don't ask and frankly I don't think about it.
I don't believe in persecuting or denigrating anyone for how they live their lives as long as they don't hurt anyone.
But I reserve the right to make humor out of anything that happens under the sun. I truley believe that is the cure for all of mankinds disputes. A liberal dose of humor applied with abandon. It's hard to fight/hate/hurt or punish people when you are laughing.
Faggots was not my word BTW. Thats not a good word. It means kindling wood that has been torched in a fireplace.
So; I don't really have a reply for this one.

What do you think about the Supreme Court upholding the right to assisted suicide?

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57864 is a reply to message #57863] Wed, 18 January 2006 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I was kidding John. I think I know you well enough to know you are not at all a bigot, unless it's being bigoted against the conservatives!:-)

The SC decision...hmm. i think it's interesting that teh new Chief Justice Roberts, Thomas & Scalia opposed it. May be an indication of how Roberts will vote later on, doesn't it?

Looks like Bush made a good appointee (for his base that is) and a BAD appointee for the opposition. Wonder how Alito will pan out.
-akhilesh

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57865 is a reply to message #57864] Wed, 18 January 2006 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I know you know how I am; I just wanted to clarify for those who don't.
The rule concerning Supreme Court nominees as you know is never predict how they will vote. I need to read Justice Roberts opinion to see how his reasoning is. I think Alito is an opportunist based on his replies during the confirmation hearings which BTW I thought ( and I am sure I am not alone here) were atrociously pompous and trivial at the same time. What a disaster for the public to witness the witless questioning by the representatives and the dodgeing and weaving of the nominee. If I were an appointee I would stand and speak my mind like Robert Bork did. I know that might be shooting myself in the foot but as a judge shouldn't you be proud of your opinions?
Studying Scalia and Thomas I think the court will always be divided. They are reactionaries and as such they will never be a unifying force on the court regardless of who is appointed.
The thing is the most serious of the culture questions are now pretty much settled law. So; we will see.
Did you watch any of the hearings?

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57866 is a reply to message #57865] Thu, 19 January 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeah I watched some of the hearings.
They were fun!
The senators made an ass out of themselves, in general.
It got interesting when the wife blubbed and left, and the "poor senators" all felt so guilty. It was ridiculous.
-akhilesh

Re: Cowboys Faggots [message #57867 is a reply to message #57866] Thu, 19 January 2006 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree with half of your statement; they all made asses out their selves IMHO.
If you had the opportunity to become omnipotent regarding the US Govt what would you change; what one thing, not like"The Whole Thing," but which specific thing would you want to implement. I only ask that it be reasonable in scope.

Re: How about religion [message #57868 is a reply to message #57859] Fri, 20 January 2006 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Old Brown Eyes is currently offline  Old Brown Eyes
Chancellor
What about religious faiths that allow gay clergy members? The Bible is rather clear on homosexuality (not too big on making them sheep nervous either). It is called an “abomination”. To me that is a very strong word. As such it is beyond my understanding how any religion that associates itself with the Bible could allow homosexuality.

Russ

Previous Topic: legalities of reverse engineering
Next Topic: Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:20:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers