Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity."
Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57546] Tue, 20 December 2005 11:37 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Perfect description and a great ruling. PA comes to it's senses.

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57548 is a reply to message #57546] Wed, 21 December 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
It's about time these folks took some whacks. I'm a churchgoing guy, and think they're full of crap. I'm also in Kansas. You just watch the devastion on the school board come next election. In my district a Professor with a Doctorate in education and history, 30yrs experience is running against the current Grandma Moses with no experience next time. We've all had it. The moderate republicans are registering as democrats because they can't get through the primaries.

The wind is shifting here is redland. And theres going to be a twister to take them all someplace other than OZ.

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57550 is a reply to message #57548] Wed, 21 December 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Geez; thats good stuff. And I thought I was wandering in the land of the lost here.
The Religous thing belongs in church not in the political arena. You want to play politics; pay TAXES. Ralph Reed gave a speech years ago when he was weaseling his way up the religous corporate ladder about how they needed to get control of all the local schoolboards and how they need to use stealth candidates to disorient the voters.
This judge had some really funny things to say about how they are supposed to be christians but they lied on the stand about their motives and who did they think they were fooling? Amazing.
I think the best thing to do is let them speak publicly so we can shine a light on their subversive activities.
I just picture some Asian kid whose family came here to take advantage of the educational possibilities and the kid comes home from his science class talking about some mickey-mouse theory of evolution.

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57553 is a reply to message #57550] Wed, 21 December 2005 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Yeah... I read some of the comments made by this judge. He wasn't fooled for a second.

"Intelligent design" would be something that would give my one ton van with a diesel... about 50 miles to the gallon for starters. I would call that intelligent. That I would recognize as intelligent design.

If the religious right wants this monkey business and my kid has to sit through it is school then I want equal time in the class room for Hari Krishna.

msl

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57554 is a reply to message #57553] Wed, 21 December 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; and we want to participate in the Hopi Religion's Peyote Ceremony as a requisite in Social Studies.
We also believe in transubstantiation as a scientific fact and it should be taught in Physics class.

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57557 is a reply to message #57554] Wed, 21 December 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
My thoughts exactly... we're supposed to be the melting pot, a multi-cultual society... and have religious freedoms...

which means to me.... don't shove your God down my throat... and likewise
I'll not have my god impose on your values or freedoms.

msl

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57558 is a reply to message #57557] Wed, 21 December 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
If there really was a God there would be no way we could ever have something so pathetically bad on TV as American Idol. Thats proof there is no God.
I like the Jewish God; vengeance, redemption, petty vindictiveness, lust; Like a regular guy only with the miracles. My kind of God.
The Catholic God is too prissy and the Mohameddans too fanatic. The protestant God is too busy counting money and balancing the books to bother with us here on earth. And his followers are all anal retentive.
The Seventh Day Adventist's???
The Buddhists are too scary becuase they don't believe all this exists in reality.

But yes I see your point; there are plenty of churches so there you go; nice comfortable place in which to worship as you see fit.

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57561 is a reply to message #57546] Thu, 22 December 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
seems quite obvious when examined carefully. It is another Creationist End-Run on the Law. glad it got slapped down. There's doin's afoot up here in MI too. Hope the result is the same.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity." [message #57567 is a reply to message #57561] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Douglas' I knew that was you soon as I read the "Doins' Afoot" line. Well I guess we all agree on this one. There was a big push for school prayer around here for about a week. A guy was saying to me why can't the kids pray in school; whats the harm. I said they can pray in school; just not outloud.

make no mistake... [message #57602 is a reply to message #57567] Thu, 22 December 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
there is plenty of prayer in school! just look around in between class before finals...:)

some of it is even to the wrong God!
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: We Wish You A merry xmas; We Wish You A Merry Xmas
Next Topic: just say no to shimano
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:38:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio