Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days
Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57454] Tue, 22 November 2005 06:24 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Looks like there is going to be some serious anxiety for Republican lawmakers as Mr. Abramoff is in some trouble; now that Scanlon has agreed to plead guilty to fraud and return 19 million bucks to the tribes he defrauded in accessing extortionist lobbyist fees in return for using his influence on the hill.
Abramoff is a very well connected lobbiest for Republican interests and a close friend of Tom DeLay who is not looking real good as of this indictment.
A house of cards crumbles in the breeze.
Clinton has consensual sex with a friend and they impeach him. The Republicans extort money like the Mafia and they defend it; go figure.

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57456 is a reply to message #57454] Wed, 23 November 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
manualblock wrote:

:::Clinton has consensual sex with a friend and they impeach him. The Republicans extort money like the Mafia and they defend it; go figure.:::

clinton got a blow job... but no one died because of it.

bushy boy sends us to Iraq under false pretenses and 2000 americans have already paid for the deceit.

someone should have sent him a hooker instead.

msl

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57457 is a reply to message #57456] Wed, 23 November 2005 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Amazing how people can't seem to put things in perspective.

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57458 is a reply to message #57457] Thu, 24 November 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hmm...I think one of the reasons is that after few months of propaganda through all of the media, most of the people would believe that, say, Coca cola is the poison, and Pepsi is the cure-all medicament (or vice-versa)...

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57459 is a reply to message #57458] Thu, 24 November 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats good; Fast Cars. I am interested to know; when I was younger I read The Hidden Persuaders that supposedly exposed all of advertisings tricks. Do people care?
Does the media really have that much impact? When I hear a claim on the media my first instinct is toward skepticism. I really believe nothing I see in ads or on some talking heads program. I do believe the news,( at least the reputable ones), but geez; you gotta believe something. And you have to believe that as proffessionals the newspeople would demand of themselves and their colleagues the best reportage that they can produce. Seems to me it would be a matter of pride.
But in terms of accepting whatever is offered by the media be it political or advertising in nature I take it all with a grain of salt; and the louder they shout the less I accept. Isn't everone like that?

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57460 is a reply to message #57459] Thu, 24 November 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
>"But in terms of accepting whatever is offered by the media be it political or advertising in nature I take it all with a grain of salt; and the louder they shout the less I accept. Isn't everone like that?"

No. You are dangerous.

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57461 is a reply to message #57460] Thu, 24 November 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats right; danger is my middle name.

"There's a man who lives a life of danger,
Every one he meets remains a stranger,
For every move he makes;
Another chance he takes,
Odds are he won't live to see tommorrow."

Secret Agent Man

Around here everyone must get a new 40k$ car every three years or they feel ashamed. I still drive my 1993 Buick Roadmaster. They ask why I don't change cars; or they give me pitying looks, like I am poor or something.

Re: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days [message #57462 is a reply to message #57461] Fri, 25 November 2005 06:34 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
WOW... that`s brave - to ignore the fundations of society...
I can tell you that the same consumer "philosophy" rules here, people are buying those cars like crazy - but I can see little "sobering up" lately. Cars are more expensive here, and of course - earnings are smaller, good combination

Previous Topic: Four Days without a post
Next Topic: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:27:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout