Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Ladies and Gentleman....
Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57424] Mon, 14 November 2005 14:00 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Are there any ladies here?

Anyway, Damir has said that he thinks all of my posts are spam. And that in his opinion they should all be deleted. Considering there are very few posters on this site and I am probably the newest member here then I will take the hint. Far be it from me to spoil a good liberal lovefest. I'm not blaming Damir for anything. I guess I have just had enough anyway. Nothing ever gets solved in these kind of discussions and it just takes up too much time. So goodbye my liberal friends. I'll reserve the right to post should Libby and Delay be found innocent but other than that it's been fun.

Also I hope you guys don't mind if I occasionally post on the audio boards of this site. If those posts are also considered spam then I guess it's back to the Audio Asylum. A fate worse than death.

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57426 is a reply to message #57424] Mon, 14 November 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, I`m just ironic, please - don`t stop. Write whatever you like and in quantities you find necessary. Maybe I`ll just send some funny picture on your every 50th message, or so, no big deal.

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57427 is a reply to message #57424] Mon, 14 November 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
SInce this forum is unmoderated, why don;t you just posted on the moderated fora, that constitute the bulk of ART? You won;t find any flames there.
-akhilesh

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57428 is a reply to message #57424] Mon, 14 November 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
The problem, ladies and gentlemen, is that the stink that eminates from the Dungeon is sticking to the remainder of the Audio Round Table. There are visitors to ART who fall into the Dungeon and assume that this level of opinion and scolarship permeates the entire ART. This may potentially cost me a customer, and there is even one sponsor that is beginning to become uncomforatble. That may cost Wayne some money.

The Dungeon was intended for beefs and bitches about audio topics. It was never intended to be one man's blog for radical leftist ideology. Its time to cut the crap and move the political polemic elsewhere and return to audio topics

Bob

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57429 is a reply to message #57424] Mon, 14 November 2005 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

One guy says you write a bunch of crap so you throw in a towel? give me a break will ya. this is an unmoderated forum and near as I can tell, that means you can post anything you want.

you need to stick around to keep MB in check. If crude rude and abusive post cost art money. the forum will become moderated or deleted just like all the other forums that start with an ideal and then need to meet the criteria of sponsers.

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57430 is a reply to message #57428] Mon, 14 November 2005 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah Bob; The Constitution is real radical leftist ideology.

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57436 is a reply to message #57426] Tue, 15 November 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Remind everyone every once in a while what it was and is like to live somewhere where there is no Constitution , D-Man.
Where religous minorities dictate policy for everyone regardless of affiliation.
Founding fathers are looking pretty smart right about now.
Too bad they ain't around to remind us of how to govern.

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57437 is a reply to message #57428] Tue, 15 November 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't need the money. AudioRoundTable.com was started so we could all have a discussion board that treated people equally. No one is a saint here, but we all hoped to embrace ethics and to maintain a cool place. ART will be here no matter what happens, and it will maintain the same standards it has always held.

The Dungeon is a different matter entirely. It is an appendage, having only a loose affiliation. It is hosted on the same server, and is visited by mostly the same people that visit the audio forums on ART. But it doesn't have the same rules, and doesn't really have any particular purpose. The Dungeon wasn't an original part of ART. It was added later because the relatively strict moderation of the "above ground" audio forums, which wouldn't allow things like venting. The Dungeon has a much looser format, allowing horseplay.

What I'd really like to see is for people to be stand up guys, responsible for their own actions. There are no rules here, so behavior here is truly self-governed. If you insult someone and then say, "well hey, this is a no-rules zone, you should have expected it" - you're just going to hurt people. There's really no good that comes from pushing people's buttons. You might win an argument, you might not. But you'll definitely lose a friend.

The good news is you can always turn around, change your tone and everyone here is probably still your friend. At least I know I am. I am always happy to see a guy shake off a resentment or whatever. We all change, go through seasons. I've been through them, and so has everyone else. Except Epstein, he's always a nice guy. And LeJeune. Thank God for the kind souls. They help me stay balanced. Or more honestly, they help me regain balance when I get off the beam.

My suggestion is to refrain from power driven argument. I've learned that from experience. I'm very bad at that, because many times I am extremely forceful, driven by absolute certainty. I've done a lot of things that were absolutely 100% right and then had some yahoo come at me with nonsense. Some of them are even well respected members of the audio community, which tends to make me even more determined. But I've found that power driven argument rarely is productive, and about the only thing that happens is hurt feelings. Seems pretty simple, but it can be hard to avoid getting worked up sometimes. Still, I think it's good to govern oneself.

Just try to be cool. Pick on your enemies, not on each other.

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57438 is a reply to message #57437] Tue, 15 November 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
glad to see the dungeon will stay the same. I thought that would be the case. Money changes things. some time for the good, some times for change. For me its not worth getting into too many of the audio discusions because the sport as we say is so subjective and I really think everyone is right as much as wrong. My opinions on audio included. So I try not to torment myself with folks who will only post back at you that there are better way or my way is wrong etc, etc. I'd rather talk current affairs or politics with other people who I at least know share a common interest in audio!

Its easy to get out of line and push the buttons. I agree, you just loose friends

To the dungeon!

Re: Ladies and Gentleman.... [message #57439 is a reply to message #57437] Tue, 15 November 2005 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It helps also to do some things:
Remmember no one is 100% right ever. Not even me.
Admitt if you have realised you were wrong.
Try to address the question that was asked and not one you choose to answer.
As the Dungeon has a purpose it should be one that expresses what you believe or promote; there is no point dueling with other peoples opinions.
This world is a reflection of what we all are made of therefor all opinions and actions are relevant to describing what we are. If you don't like someones opinion on this forum; refute it; dilute it or disregard it. Don't dictate it.
Try to remmember that constantly harping on your own personal accomplishments/home/system/all the equipment you ever owned gets redundent and boring to others.
Beating your chest doesn't mean anything here; we are all equal under the sun.
Most of what people call arguments are really discussions and should be treated as such. Some people are more sensitive than others but unless there is something I am not aware of we are all men. Cut some slack when you describe what you think are insults. Thats usually just someone talking the same way they would to a friend in person.
If someone call's you a banana it's different than if they call you a shithead.
I tell my son; let your deeds do the talking not your words. Bragging and boasting are worse than insults because they demeane both the speaker and trivialise their opinion 0f the listener.
Try to be humble; no one here has won the Noble Prize that I know of.
No one's perfect and having something of substance to say is more important to me than having something nice of no substance to say.

I mean as long as we are laying cards on the table; thats my hand. Not directed to anyone except myself and how I believe it is right to behave. Everyone here has something of value to be offered; thats why I try not to judge people. I judge politicians because that is the game they signed up to play; but not individuals.

Previous Topic: Lets look at some facts
Next Topic: Iraqi Army???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 12:43:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout