My Hero! [message #56642] Sun, 14 August 2005 12:12 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Bush will `go on with life'
Defends refusal to meet protester
Sunday, August 14, 2005
KEN HERMAN
Cox News Service

CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush, noting that lots of people want to talk to the president and "it's also important for me to go on with my life," on Saturday defended his decision not to meet with the grieving mom of a soldier killed in Iraq.

Bush said he is aware of the anti-war sentiments of Cindy Sheehan and others who have joined her protest near the Bush ranch.

"But whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job," Bush said on the ranch. "And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."

"But," he added, "I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."

Re: My Hero! [message #56643 is a reply to message #56642] Sun, 14 August 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
He's an embarrasment. A grown man speaking like a teenager.

Re: My Hero! [message #56647 is a reply to message #56643] Mon, 15 August 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This just in on MSN:

Re: My Hero! [message #56648 is a reply to message #56647] Mon, 15 August 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The problem is even if her positions on the geo-political landscape are slightly wide of the mark to put it mildly; it don't change a thing regarding her loss and our continuing travesty in Iraq. Why make her a symbol of anything other than a greiving mother who wants some face time with Bush.
What; her opinions are cockeyed? Want to see some opinion polls released last week that asked a good sample of citizens exactly who attacked the Towers? Can you guess at some of the answers? Russia was in there somewhere.

Because she is against the war and lost her son she is supposed to become a Disreali? A genius? Half the people on the street can't name their states senator; come on, what are we dealing with here.
And if I was someone who bought the WMD story I would not say another word. How many still spout that nonsense?

Re: My Hero! [message #56649 is a reply to message #56648] Mon, 15 August 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It is she that made herself into a political symbol.

Re: My Hero! [message #56650 is a reply to message #56649] Mon, 15 August 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Rightfully so. Doesn't mean she has to be a brilliant political theorist. Back to basics; her son died in an illegal occupation for the express purpose of confiscating a soveriegn nations natural resources.
Thats why she is mad.

I'm sorry but [message #56654 is a reply to message #56647] Mon, 15 August 2005 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Christopher Hitchens is an absolute dirt bag - the worst hack assassin since David Horowitz.

But it’s more than that – Sheehan “met “ with Bush in a large group and said, out of respect for the others, she wouldn’t raise a fuss. That doesn’t mean she didn’t have anything to say, she just refrained from doing it at a time others might be embarrassed.

More of the story [message #56655 is a reply to message #56654] Mon, 15 August 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's been 13 months since her last meeting with Bush. If she were waiting out of respect, she could have asked for another meeting sooner than this. I suspect those with strong political motivations have encouraged her to make this political gesture. If so, she and those that have encouraged her are exploiting her family and fallen son in the name of politics, which is an ugly sort of propoganda.

The registrant of "MeetWithCindy.org" is David Swanson, who is a politically active journalist. Between that and her ties to Michael Moore, this looks pretty well organized and just doesn't pass the smell test.

Re: More of the story [message #56659 is a reply to message #56655] Mon, 15 August 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How do you exploit someones death? I mean he died didn't he? What is there to exploit. You exploit people for gain; hard to do if they are dead.

Re: More of the story [message #56660 is a reply to message #56659] Mon, 15 August 2005 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

To exploit means to take advantage of something.

Previous Topic: Insurgents
Next Topic: This is just fabulous
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:14:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout