Home » xyzzy » Tower » If a Person provides a link to explain their point of view..
If a Person provides a link to explain their point of view.. [message #55134] Tue, 04 April 2006 12:57 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Does that mean the link's author speaks for the one who provides the link?
If someone provides a link to show how they feel; does that mean you can take the link as pro forma proof they believe what the link's author believe's?

If not; what part of a link should one take to represent the point of view of the one who provides the link?
Should we accept all of the link as proof of their point of veiw; or just some of the link?
Then how do we know which part of the provided link to accept as the point of view of the person who provides that link?
When you post a link to prove your case; do we need to take the entire link as offered? Or just some part of whats offered? And how do we distinguish what to use and what to disregard concerning links provided by people to prove a position they hold?
If part of the link says something; is that to be taken as the link providers position?

I just need to know the protocol for determining what part of links represent your point of view and what part of them I should disregard.

Thank You.

Re: If a Person provides a link to explain their point of view.. [message #55135 is a reply to message #55134] Tue, 04 April 2006 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I can only answer to this with another link...

Re: Notice there is no reply; how can there be? [message #55136 is a reply to message #55135] Tue, 04 April 2006 17:44 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
If you get your opinions from someone else in a link then you have to be at least a LITTLE specific as to what part of the other guys opinion you are borrowing.
But here we have a convienient way to dodge a question and thereby committ yourself to an opinion; you just provide a link. Then you don't have to answer for that opinion; you can just deny you ever said anything; because...hey; I didn't say it; the other guy did.

Whats new with you D-Man?

Previous Topic: Well; Delay Resigns Ahead Of Indictment/ Rumsfeld Next
Next Topic: An oldie but a goodie....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:46:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers