Home » xyzzy » Tower » Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter
Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54852] Thu, 17 November 2005 06:53 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
His mugs with a picture of his face went up in price also. Get this; the personalised fan mug with his photo and a signed letter of appreciation now costs 13.95$ Thats right; thirteen dollars and change. For a 30c mug.
"Hey Rube!"

Re: Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54853 is a reply to message #54852] Fri, 18 November 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds like you spend a lot of time on his website, John. Are you a (gasp) fan?
-akhilesh

Re: Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54854 is a reply to message #54853] Fri, 18 November 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No; the guys a one trick pony. I get bored easily with repititious and boring schpiels. Really; what does the guy have to say that could not be said in two sentences.
I prefer Bill Buckley; a brilliant commentator.
So; who do you listen too that I might like to hear?

Re: Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54855 is a reply to message #54854] Fri, 18 November 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I like the Diane Rheem (sp? ) show sometimes.
I like to listen to both points of view (CNN & Fox) and then make up my own mind.
-akhilesh

Re: Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54856 is a reply to message #54855] Fri, 18 November 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Man; you are something else! I listen to Dianne all the time. The voice is a little tough to take but I saw a picture of her and she doesn't look anything like she sounds. She's actually pretty attractive.
I like Chris Mathews on MSNBC also; he's pretty fair and he is not afraid to ask questions unlike most of the other commentators;who ask red herring questions they already know the answer to.

Re: Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54857 is a reply to message #54856] Fri, 18 November 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm not a big fan of Chris MAtthews, in fact I have decided to boycott him after seeing the boorish way he treated Michelle.

I enjoyed watcvhng Aaron Brown's tired sighings and wistful musings about a life without GW Bush, but I have heard even CNN has decided that he must go. THat hyper looking character with white hair and a tanned young face is replacing him.

Hey, what do you think of ALito (uh oh, sorry I asked!?)
-akhilesh

Re: Hey; Rush Limbo has raised the price on his newsletter [message #54858 is a reply to message #54857] Fri, 18 November 2005 17:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No; by all means why not ask? I haven't really read his opinions so I don't have a studied opinion. What I think in terms of what is on the news is that he may turn out to be something no one is prepared for.
I think looking from the perspective of a long time court watcher is this; the smattering of Constitutional issues a lawyer such as he has faced will not determine the eventual rulings that will come down in the future. He strikes me as a very settled and studious guy. The first indication of what he may be is Princeton and Yale produce reasonable legal minds. He's bright he's done time in the trenches serving as Federal Prosecutor in New Jersey where he refused to focus on small time drug offenses and instead went after the organised guys. I mean that sounds sensible to me.
I just want a guy with no philosophical affiliations other than the Law.
That might sound like I am contradicting earlier statements but in truth It's not. If a guy has a sound basis in Law and is bright and can write a good opinion; what else can we ask for. I want a guy who is his own man. Alito might be that way so; lets see. I don't think he will be easily swayed; not with his background and intelligence.
My only concern is whether he will uphold the rights of working people.
Considering who we might have had; I'll take my chances. And he believes in Stare' Decisis. Thats a good sign.
I truely would rather have a bright guy in there who may not always agree with my philosophy than a reckless and weak-minded stooge who has a bone to pick. I won't mention any names but his intials are Antonin Scalia. Guy has thirty jobs before his appointment. I guess no one liked him. He's bright in a cracked and twisted way that genuinely frightens me.
I have no patience for a justice who's perpetually on a mission.

Previous Topic: Arnold
Next Topic: 30k jobs at GM??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:27:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout