Home » xyzzy » Tower » No one escapes the tax man
No one escapes the tax man [message #54106] Wed, 27 October 2004 09:00 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Just heard on the news... a drug dealer selling heroin for many years was convicted and sentenced to jail for 12 and a half years, the tax office then said you have to pay tax on all your drug money. what makes it more funny is that the convicted drug dealer said people stole about a quarter of a million dollars drug money from him in 1995 and gunshots were fired at the time, so he didnt wanna pay tax on that, but they said he has too. so the drug dealer took the Australian Tax Office to court and he won the case and got a $200,000 tax deduction from the rest of the tax on his drug money he has to pay :P

Preditors and Prey [message #54107 is a reply to message #54106] Wed, 27 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I guess I've grown (even more) cynical because I think most governments are actually organized crime. It's just another form of big fish preying on smaller fish. Some fishes are small, some medium sized and some huge, but they're all just preditors and prey.

Did I mention that America has elections in week?

Re: Preditors and Prey [message #54108 is a reply to message #54107] Sat, 30 October 2004 22:11 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Nope. I know the US presidential elections are coming up soon and George Bush doesnt have a huge amount of support.

What do you mean by "in week"?

Re: Preditors and Prey [message #54109 is a reply to message #54108] Sat, 30 October 2004 00:58 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I meant to say "in a week." The race for the American Presidency is actually very close, too close to call. I think most people expect Bush to win but by the thinnest of margins.

Re: Preditors and Prey [message #54110 is a reply to message #54109] Sat, 30 October 2004 01:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hmmm... interesting. Who do you want to win for president?

We had out elections for prime minister recently, the opposition leader had all the popularity for many weeks following up to the election but on the days leading up to the election his popularity fell, and he lost by a big margin on election day because people realized he knows nothing about handling the economy. So John Howard won his fourth term in government as prime minister! His been around for too long now :P Although I'm glad Howard won as I think the opposition leader Mark Latham just made big empty promises to get votes, but he would never actually do what he said.

Sometimes I think theres not really any difference between them!

Re: Preditors and Prey [message #54111 is a reply to message #54110] Sat, 30 October 2004 10:00 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Previous Topic: FCC OK's BPL
Next Topic: Need some advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 09:43:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio