Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just finish the pi two speakers...
Just finish the pi two speakers... [message #53327] Fri, 20 March 2009 11:56 Go to next message
hoxuanduc is currently offline  hoxuanduc
Esquire
Preliminary impression is very very good!!!! Dynamic, soundstage. Did I say dynamic? Oh yea!

I was going to build book shelf speakers but didn't feel like building another pair of stands. So I made them floor standing but really shallow (4.75" deep internal), keeping volume same as the stand mount speakers and stuffing around the woofer with R-13 insulation. The original floor standing design is too big, like a coffin, eh? The S.O. gives thumb down on the coffin and digs the shallow wide floor stander...

Value scale is off the chart!!!

Will post picture when I have them finished and tweak a bit (may be loading the box with xtra MDF or vinyl tiles???)

Thanks, Wayne!!!

Duc

PS: The face plate in one of the tweeters is not aligned (ie the leads should line up with + and -, right?). I tried to fix it but the face plate seems to be glued on. Can I get a replacement?

Re: Just finish the pi two speakers... [message #53328 is a reply to message #53327] Fri, 20 March 2009 20:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Glad to hear the speakers are sounding good to you!

If one of the tweeters is misshapen, we'll replace it for you. Just send it here and we'll send one out to replace it.

Previous Topic: 2" compression drivers
Next Topic: 3-pi 4-pi question ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:15:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout