Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » alpha 6 horns
alpha 6 horns [message #52158] Fri, 23 May 2008 01:23 Go to next message
David Morehouse is currently offline  David Morehouse
Chancellor
Adrian - - What is the end result on the alpha 6 horns?

Re: alpha 6 horns [message #52159 is a reply to message #52158] Fri, 23 May 2008 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Cant believe I checked the forum today, it is the first time Ive visited here in a LONNGG time! Or even had internet access at all for a long time on that matter. And when I do check the forum theres a question for me- perfect timing.

If you have visited my website recently you will notice there are no more pictures or FR graphs at all. I unfortunately changed internet service providers which also made my email address bounce back emails for a few years but have recently gone back to the same provider. They deleted all my stuff but and I cant find the backups. Kinda sucks as the descriptions are nothing without pictures. Wish I made backups while I had a chance but did not expect to ever have problems with service providers (or other issues for that fact).

The alpha 6 horns I made were +/- 2.5db from 300Hz to 2KHz and a 60x40 degree dispersion angle and are physically compact. They are conical with flat sides. Very nice sounding horns, I actually still use them after this many years. I still have the specifications on my website if you want to build the horn yourself.

I did make a tractrix prototype of this horn at one stage but preferred the conical one as it sounded better to my ears and also had a wider freq band.

Post any questions.

Wayne- hello! Long time no see. How you been? I have to catch up whats been going on in the pi speakers scene. My normal email address works again as of about a week ago too btw.

Re: alpha 6 horns [message #52160 is a reply to message #52159] Fri, 23 May 2008 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne-o is currently offline  Wayne-o
Master
No info on this link ,looks like adware???

Re: alpha 6 horns [message #52162 is a reply to message #52160] Fri, 23 May 2008 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It does work, try again possibly something wrong with your system. It links to homepage then you have to choose from the menu on the left (tractrix and conical are the alpha6 horn titles).

Re: alpha 6 horns [message #52166 is a reply to message #52162] Sat, 24 May 2008 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Great to see you here Adrian! You've been missed here a lot. Hope to see you here more often!

By the way, there are lots of posts about your midhorns here in the archives. All the discussions about your first tractrix midhorns, my 10" midhorns and your 6" midhorns are all right here. Easy to find 'em with the search function.

Re: alpha 6 horns [message #52172 is a reply to message #52166] Wed, 28 May 2008 00:32 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Good to be back here! I see a lot of new members but I also recognise a few usernames from 2004 as well.

Still trying to dig up my old horn pictures!

Previous Topic: Bass notes lower octave ???
Next Topic: LaScala
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:27:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout