Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Time to go upstairs and start packing tools
Time to go upstairs and start packing tools [message #51951] Sat, 29 March 2008 06:52 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Got all the audio components in their boxes. Made room by the door for lots more boxes.

Leaving '70 Miles From Nowhere' on Tuesday to move to Candler, North Carolina, just outside of Asheville, FINALLY!

Can you believe Spkrman57 is going to help me load, drive my truck down and help me unload just out of friendship? Awesome!

After 6 months of trying, couldn't get HD to help with a transfer so I said bye-bye and went over to the competition, Lowes. They rule in N.C., anyway, being their home base. New employer means no vacations in '08, so, unfortunately, no LSAF for me.

Renting a house instead of an apt. will make it much easier for me to woodwork; looking forward to more speaker projects.

Wayne, time to design a 60Hz basshorn for us to build to go with the mid-horn for a 100+ efficient system.

Re: Time to go upstairs and start packing tools [message #51952 is a reply to message #51951] Sat, 29 March 2008 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's awesome, Bill! As a customer, I think Lowes is better so I hope they're better as an employer too. That's really great of Ron to help out with the move. Too cool. You'll definitely be missed at LSAF this year but hopefully the N.C. beaches will warm you up this summer. Renting a house is definitely a plus, 'specially since you'll be able to setup a shop. Excellent!

Re: Time to go upstairs and start packing tools [message #51953 is a reply to message #51952] Sat, 29 March 2008 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
We are going to have a "Wild Horse Master Pi Speaker"* soon.
Good luck. Is good to have you here...

*Outer Banks, North Carolina Wild Horses

Re: Time to go upstairs and start packing tools [message #51954 is a reply to message #51951] Sat, 29 March 2008 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
Good Luck! I left Ohio in '79 for the sunbelt and have not looked back.

For every audiophile that leaves Ohio, one must move in to replace them! [message #51955 is a reply to message #51952] Sat, 29 March 2008 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
First Steve Brown leaves Columbus, Ohio for Oklahoma. And now Bill is leaving for NC.

So now I have lost my amp/preamp builder and a woodworker/cabinet maker.

On the bright side, I have 2 friends living in Ashville, NC.

Last audiophile left standing in Ohio!!!

Ron

Re: What's Colin, chopped liver? [message #51956 is a reply to message #51955] Sat, 29 March 2008 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
And Greg, and otherBill and Walsdorf, and my personal favorite, Larry Moore and his Audi-driving Merry Men.

It's a pride thing [message #51957 is a reply to message #51956] Sat, 29 March 2008 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)

Ron tries to forget that the 'Natti is in Ohio. Without us around, duh Browns are the best football team in the state.....

Re: I forgot about the Bungals, who, like the Browns... [message #51958 is a reply to message #51957] Sat, 29 March 2008 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
...have their best days behind them!

Re: Time to go upstairs and start packing tools [message #51960 is a reply to message #51953] Sun, 30 March 2008 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hope to visit your neck of the sand as soon as I can, which will be later than sooner. Save a wild horse for me.

Re: Time to go upstairs and start packing tools [message #51963 is a reply to message #51960] Tue, 01 April 2008 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master

No... I mean, "here" in the forum. I am in Portugal (at the beach also...), no wild horses though.
(*pic. Carcavelos beach - old 80s/90s)

Previous Topic: Pi 8 Plans?
Next Topic: Seven mid encloser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:45:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers