Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » horn types?
Re: horn types? [message #46052 is a reply to message #46051] Mon, 20 December 2004 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
scp53 is currently offline  scp53
Chancellor
the only reason im not going that direction is because it cost more money than its worth. im mean the klipsch center is great as are many other consumer centers. but since ive looked into diy i cant justify paying more and getting less. i do agree to get an exact match the same horn/woofer config is necessary. maybe ill order the parts from klipsch and do it my self. id get the un revised one. but im not real sure. do you think having them timbre matched is a must? ive compared klipsch bookshelfs of different series and they sound different. i suppose a completely different manufacturer center is going to have even more difference. any ideas where to buy a good rc25? the dealer wants $265 for a center with a 5" square horn and two 5.25" aluminum woofers. i can get much better than that going diy. what if i bought 3 apt drivers with lenses and got some $60-80 dollar 6.5" woofers and mad 3 identical speakers? in other words redo my lcr speakers and move the klipsch to the back.

or the cheapest option would be to use a klipsch sb3 for a center. its a different series but maybe i could tweak it. the most drastic difference is it sounds a little muffled compared to the reference one s i have. i could lay it on its side and turn the horn 90 degrees. then id just have to get different surrounds- i got cheapo rca. my sub is fine- dayton titanic mk3 10". not ungodly bass but sufficient. and i have a yamaha 5.1 receiver to power it all.

ok, so if i scrap the center idea for now what should i get for surrounds? dipole? bipole? i want it immersing.

im really sorry for this long post. thanks for all the advice.

scp53

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Piezo info
Next Topic: Virginia Beach Area Pi Speaker owners?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:37:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio