Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 511B Update (#2)
Re: Zip cord [message #41618 is a reply to message #41612] Sun, 15 June 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AstroSonic is currently offline  AstroSonic
Baron
Grant,

I may get an equalizer, if only to use as a design tool. I have listened to a few in the past, but found them to bring other problems with them - like veiling, grain or harshness. I certainly haven't listened to all of them though. Perhaps someone could recommend a good one.

Zip cord is another name for lamp cord, commonly used on appliances. By making a small cut between the two insulated wires and pulling the ends apart, the cord can be unzipped (the two wires can be separated). For a relatively low power, in-home system, zip cord would have adequate power handling. Some people feel that it works very well for speaker cable.

A lot of work has gone into them, but it is a hobby that I really enjoy. At this point, most visitors (including a few 'philes') find the sound to be amongst the best they have heard. I enjoy listening to music through them, but can hear a few defects. So the quest will continue...

Regards,

AstroSonic

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ohm rating for 2 Pi Tower?
Next Topic: Speaker Building Update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 01:31:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout