Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakerlab K Horn
Re: Klipsch KPT-MCM-4-T Grand [message #19061 is a reply to message #19058] Thu, 01 February 2007 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DMoore is currently offline  DMoore
Baron
Well, I guess I'm a fan of Paul Klipsch the horn designer and business man rather than just a fan of his products alone. My personal taste is more "corner-centric" as far a horns go...

I imagine the scale and power of the MCM stack would be impressive (and I don't just mean the footprint), to say the least, but I haven't heard them. But I have studied the available documentation about them, though.

Stacked in a pair, the throat size is correct for the "official" 30Hz in 1/2 space according to the Gillum patent document if I remember correctly. I would expect to be impressed, at any rate.

I have played around with a 2" tractrix midrange horn (DIY), and they have a distinctive "flavor", quite addicting actually. It has to do with the way that the sound propogates, rather than having a particular "sound" in its response. It's rather like when a nice speaker system broadcasts into a large, quiet, non-reflecting space. Except it's in your room. A positive effect, to say the least.

DM

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message