Home » Audio » Speaker » The Subwoofer thing
Re: Speaker placement [message #18663 is a reply to message #18662] Tue, 28 March 2006 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
Well I would define things differently.

The modal region in my room is only up to about 100 Hz. 120 Hz max., most definately not 200 Hz. I would define Bass as anything in the modal region and "mid" as anything from the bass to about 500 - 1 kHz where our hearing perception starts to change. So to me, only bass is a modal concern. And, as usual, you don't appear to have read my response. Since I have five sources in the bass region above 50 Hz, its pretty much irrelavent where they are put. You are confusing what I claim. With enough subs, placement doesn't matter, symmetrical, asymmetrical, whatever, the differences are negligable. But for a finite number of four or less, placement is a factor and non-symmetrical is better. That doesn't mean that each and every source must be randommly placed only that a tendency for a random placement will tend to yield a better LF response. Categorizing everything I say into absolutes is not the way to an understanding of my position. Its not that black and white.

So if two sources are forced into symetrical locations then put the others at random locations NOT more symmetrical ones. Its not that complicated is it?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message