Home » Audio » Speaker » Klipschorns anyone?
One person's comparison... [message #15859 is a reply to message #15849] Tue, 16 December 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
HenryW is currently offline  HenryW
Baron
between the Heresy and 2 Pi.

It is very much what I expected:

2 Pi - disregarding labor, materials for the 2Pi was less than $275 total. For that price I could not imagine a better new speaker. It is very efficient and a surprising two way. The Eminence speaker was an instant success to my ear. I still have some difficulty with the tweeter in a comparison with the Heresy, but when not comparing the two it is a reasonable solution. As a speaker I intend to give to my daughter that was more of a 'carpentry practice', I was more than pleasantly surprised and may well keep (move to my office) until I think her ear deserves it (grin).

Heresy - I still have an affinity for the two horns on this speaker and most everything above 700- 800hz is a joy (at my age - not having much above 16Khz seems to be of little relevance). As expected the stuff below 700hz is not my favorite part of this speaker.

For overall performance, I will be staying with the Heresy. However, there BR portion of Wayne's design is a very pleasant surprise and is why I will be making something akin to a Pi aligned three way with horns for the higher freqs and BR for the lower freqs.

Also - even if comparing with the used market, the 2 Pi can be significantly cheaper than Heresy II and an interestingly equitable performer, especially in the Low freqs.

Henry

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message