Home » Audio » Speaker » Advise on speaker choice and questions
Advise on speaker choice and questions [message #87877] Wed, 25 April 2018 10:46 Go to previous message
Bpatterson is currently offline  Bpatterson
Esquire
im looking for a nice set of speakers for my home audio. i do not know what im getting myself into when it comes to speakers, i plan on doing a whole system eventually. i have a current system that works (mostly free hand me downs) but sound quality is not all that great. (compared to my father in-laws diy speaker build)

im looking at one of the diy speaker kits because i do enjoy wood working on the side and would want to add my own personal touch to them. currently my entertainment system is my everything. i game (pc and xbox) watch movies and play music loud enough to hear while im on the back deck or doing the honey do list.

i only have a receiver and two floor standing speakers which im looking to replace at the moment. i have a room about 20x13 with 10 ft ceilings where the speakers will be placed.

currently looking at the pi 6 as the diy kit.

i have three questions.

1. what speaker kit would you recommend?
2. are the diy build plans easy to understand/follow?
3. is it worth the extras to get the different woofer and the capacitor and resistors?

i cannot say cost is not a big deal, but im looking around $800-1000 max.

Thanks in advance for all the help in making my decision.

index.php?t=getfile&id=2085&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 35.93KB, Downloaded 482 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Speakers for Classical Music
Next Topic: Speaker wires
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:08:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects