Home » Audio » Source » How much are your records worth?
Re: How much are your records worth? [message #12130 is a reply to message #12129] Wed, 27 April 2005 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
On dimeadozen there are thousands of bit torrents of all sorts. the volume is staggering. there is another legal site or two but they are much smaller. I have seen everything from classic 70s Led Zep shows, jimi hendrix, sun ra, miles davis u2 springsteen. Most anything from elvis to zappa, jazz to punk. there are torrents of people reading poetry for chriss sakes. Most everything that ever had a sound board could be there. Plus, people "liberate" bootlegs from japan and all over and upload them in bit torrent form. go to dimeadozen and register. If you don't get on, just keep refreshing, you will eventually get on in the first setting if you keep trying. Then you can click on view torrents and see all the latest ones, or go by search and look for whatever you want. at any given time there are thousands, I know not long ago over 8000 bit torrents on this site alone. If you like what you see, get burst and get to downloading. Bit torrents are THE way to file share these days, and apparently it is relatively unheard of outside computer nerd circles. Lossless is nice. This material is not copyrighted and no one is upset about it, and if they are, the offending torrent is removed, even if they couldn't sue. Other sites which I spoke of as illegal, are in other countries and are clearly violating us copyright law. If you go there, you are risking it as the RIAA patrols and sets traps. While I am more than happy with the legal stuff, others more daring use programs like peer guardian at www.methlabs.org which blocks all government and music industry sites. I include the site only because they also have the best pop up and spyware blocking on the web, and they update every 24 hours. their stuff finds trash on my computer that my Spyware Blaster, Spybot, and lavasoft's adaware miss! These other programs are good, they just update less frequently. What sort of stuff are you looking for? I'd be happy to send a sample of something. If dvd, does your player read + or - recordable dvd? Mine reads both of most brands, but not memorex. Other players are picky about other types and brands. Unfortunately, unlike prerecorded dvds, the format has not been established for the recordable dvds. No mattter, I keep both on hand.

regards, russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message