Home » Audio » Source » How much are your records worth?
Re: How much are your records worth? [message #12099 is a reply to message #12095] Fri, 22 April 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Had a similar expeience with a salesman a Kiefs in lawrence KS. I asked about tables and was met with the They aren't out there anymore B.S.(wrong thing to say to me) so I gave him a fifteen minute diatribe on how it is still out there providing examples w/o end. to that he replied "I haven't sold a turntable in years." I only had to ask one question and made one statement: "when was the last time you kept one in stock?" & "You could have sold me an expensive one today, if you had one" with that, I went down town and found a most interesting used stereo store which happily took my money. Long live vinyle. I buy the expensive stuff also, these guys are trying to keep it around and some deserve the support. Unknown to many, there are performers out there which REQUIRE so much of there stuff to be on vinyle, which many are light weight non virgin vinyle, but some sound fairly good. Only a few stores carry them, mostly mom and pop type operations that sell cds and used vinyle. I like to support them also, but like you state, most of what I look for is older used stuff from the glory days. I predict another vinyle resurgence when all of us start to die off and
all our stuff goes to salvation army.

regards, Russellc

Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message