Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Odd-shaped rooms?
Re: Odd-shaped rooms? [message #84498 is a reply to message #84480] Mon, 06 February 2017 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Trial and error can work...if you have a lot of patience. I find using a program like TrueRTA and a calibrated mic a lot easier. Using a laptop and the mic and program you can get good results. The combo provides a spectrum analysis display. It provides the noise signal needed and nicely (IMO) will do a relative level that compensates for existing room noise. I have been surprised at where the speakers actually end up. Often not symmetrical and they may be angled or tilted to get the best sound stage and overall response. A word of caution though...the programs I know of can be fooled by high levels of reflected sound. Most programs seem to go for total amplitude and not care if the mix is both reflected and direct. It will end up with a really wacky set of locations that just looking at them will tell you they are not right. If you are aware that this can happen it is not a problem.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Low ceiling
Next Topic: Popcorn ceiling?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 15:48:44 CDT 2024