Home » xyzzy » Tower » Why Do We Accept Software that Needs Fixing
Why Do We Accept Software that Needs Fixing [message #84305] Fri, 13 January 2017 17:18 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, What are your thoughts on software that is constantly needing updates. If it wasn't so complicated and trying to be the Swiss Army Knife of all things it might not have to be fixed every week. Rolling Eyes There are a number of programs and operating systems that fit into the fix it all the time group...I won't mention names but about half the time they fix something and create a bigger issue with other programs. Nearly as bad as the bloating effect. I may be dating myself. Shocked ..but I remember when the operating system fit on a single floppy disk. I didn't need an I7 PC with massive RAM and SSD. All this was brought to the top of my bad list as I had to replace my main PC. Fortunately everything was backed up, but the new one went through several hours of updates to a supposed to be current operating system. And then it crashed a couple of the main programs I use all the time and decided it didn't need to talk to all my peripherals. The PC itself is actually just fine (an Alienware Aurora). It works like expected. Just the software is flawed. OK, I'll get off the soap box now.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: System for teenager's room
Next Topic: Sound goals for the new year
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:55:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects