Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Why SE in SET amps?
Re: Why SE in SET amps? [message #11395 is a reply to message #11394] Tue, 25 September 2007 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
Thanks for all the very interesting links. Much of it was familiar to me - as familiar as stuff not thought about for 30 yrs can be. And I agree with him. However, I will still stand by my original statement that a "well designed" feedback amp (one that has taken all these factors into consideration), operated within its ratings (i.e., without overload and clipping) is the most linear thing we have in the audio chain. One might argue that, say, loudspeakers can maintain the same if they (and their enclosures) are well designed and not driven into nonlinearity. I don't really know the answer to that, but speaker design has not changed that much in 50 years and Vilchur certainly demonstrated that air was a more linear suspension than the usual speaker designs - yet I seem to recall that air compression is not all that linear. I think the point about RF entering through the output cables is a very good one and one not often thought of. Even that can be handled usually by good engineering (shielding, balancing and filtering). I believe that Koren is very objective and knows what he is talking about. He is not one of those worried about which ankle of the centipede has arthritis.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: It's alive.....Alive!!!!
Next Topic: Audio Note power transformer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 02:38:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout