Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2014
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79943 is a reply to message #79939] Fri, 09 May 2014 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

For me, it never was about direct sales. I know there are a few people that sell at shows, but that's really sort of unusual. I've been to a lot of shows besides LSAF, and they're really not the best place to make a sale. Exhibitors don't usually bring any inventory and most companies don't even bring a card reader to take payment. It's really more a place to show, a demo area where people can come and see a lot of gear in one venue.

Most small manufacturers demo from their homes. Some have a small shop that doubles as a display room. So for most small companies, prospective customers must audition in the manufacturer's home or shop.

Lone Star Audiofest (or any other regional audio show) gives another place for demos to be held. Customers can see a lot of niche-market products in one venue. They probably won't buy at the show, but they'll at least be able to audition. Then they can narrow down their choices and make arrangements to phone in an order, buy online or do a more lengthy second audition at a later date.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message