Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » 6Ah4 Amp
Re: 6Ah4 Amp [message #11340 is a reply to message #11336] Wed, 19 July 2006 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Doug; let me say this and hope it doesn't sound rediculous. The 2A3 is such a common circuit; there are so many models and designs that it would be much easier to just succumb and build one tof the standard well designed circuits available on the net.
But my question then would be which one is best? Why are there so many variables instead of a few good designs using that tube? It has been used to the most extent that you would think by now there would be two or three designs proven to be the best out there. Yet we see many new trials and changes to existing circuits. So I have to ask why people feel they need to re-do this type of amp on such a constant basis?
Is there really a fundamental change for the better in each example?
So I have to believe that people aren't happy with that tube as it rests in the existing designs.
Why?
I would want to try a PP 2A3 amp if I did use that tube if only to not follow the usual suspects and try instead something a little different.
So is this a silly post on my part?
Anyone looking to do PP 2A3?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message