Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Say Douglas; Hows the Mods coming along?
fine and dandy... [message #11244 is a reply to message #11243] Fri, 28 October 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I sent Wayne an updated Merlin schematic, along with the TX coupled unity gain linestage. Hopefully, he'll be able to post them soon.

I am waiting for my modified Peerless S265's to arrive from Heyboer. I figure some time soon...:) Still trying to find a matched pair of plate Iron for the new amp. I need 1k2-1k3 VCT at 300 mA or so, plus filter chokes.

On the new Merlin schematic, I forgot the Zener clamps for the gate-source voltage protection. 18V Zeners. Cathode( the banded end ) to the gate, anode to the source of the IRF820. I also left out the CCS details. They can be brought forward from the original.

I investigated some 500 mW types from Mouser. Wide variation in impedance, and leakage. I went for a low Z, low leakage type BZX55C18, when BZX79C18 was not available. Small diff between them, but a large diff from the 1N**** type. Lots less leakage, and impedance. It does pay to read the data sheets carefully.

Anyway, lots of cool stuff to play with, and I am getting good sound.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message