Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heat sink, Heat exchange for driver/cabinet (Help with removing the cooling vent's grill/dust cover)  () 1 Vote
Re: Heat sink, Heat exchange for driver/cabinet [message #78223 is a reply to message #78207] Tue, 29 October 2013 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ARR_PG is currently offline  ARR_PG
Esquire
Thanks, The only way to find out if the pole piece's diameter is stays consistent the deeper it extends is to remove the grill. Thanks for the heads up though.

If I cut it, the grease idea will have to be the way to do it. Please can you explain how to put rags under the grill before I cut it.

I have found this diagram, If I make the cooling plug too long, Will it effect the electromagnetic field that the voice coil uses to repel backwards and forwards.

Can anyone point out the end of the pole piece to have the cooling plug align flush with.

Its going to be literally a case of sticking my finger down the pole piece and guessing the depth. Good idea...Or not?

Sorry to ask but I want to make sure that this will definitely work before I cut. Cheers

(diagram is for a midrange speaker, See attachment, just as an example)

index.php?t=getfile&id=1320&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message