Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » possible group build
I second tube rectifier [message #10883 is a reply to message #10878] Thu, 16 December 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The reference site we're using uses the tube rectifier. I would like to use their information as a basis as much as possible. Have you seen the power point presentation on the site? It's so over the top. This is the model that we should use for future builds. It gives step-by-step layouts of power and signal runs. Also the close up shots of wiring rival those found in Bottlehead's new SEX manual, which I thought was the cat's meow.

JR, Please don't get me wrong, I'm all for experimenting, and I think it would VERY educational to explore the differences in power supply construction and performance. This is what this hobby is about!

Wayne, is it possible to set up a group build forum, not only for this project but future ones as well?

We need to finalize what we're going to build and how we're going to relate information. One thought: it might be fun for each to build slightly different variations and send them to one of the club meetings (Tulsa?) for direct comparison. This would allow each variation to be evaluated head-to-head under "identical" conditions.

I know I keep saying this, but I cannot tell you guys how excited I am about this. Hands on anything is quickly becoming a lost art. I think it's important to keep this hobby (and skill set) alive......Regards, Colin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2A3 Upgrade (Paramour)
Next Topic: A pentode on the input circuit...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 05:01:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio