Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » SEX vs DECWARE
Re: SEX vs DECWARE [message #10790 is a reply to message #10789] Wed, 01 December 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thetubeguy1954 is currently offline  thetubeguy1954
Chancellor
Boy Dan when you said "Any recomedations for a first SET amp--one that could maybe be a last SET amp?" You left a door WIDE OPEN! "If" you really want an SET that not could, but WOULD be your last SET amp, then check out the Italian designed, 150LB, Mastersound Reference 845. I have this amp (the integrated~not monobloc) and jumped off the audio upgrade path, immediately & forever! It puts out 40W ch (so you can use real-world speakers) of the sweetest SET music I've ever heard! As good as it is (and it's VERY GOOD) you can bring it's performance up quite a few notches by pulling out the stock 12AU7's and inserting Mazda "chrome-plate" EC82CC's. Then pull out the 5687's, put in Bendix 6900's and prepare to sit and listen for hours and hours, as one song turns into a whole CD and one CD turns into a marathon listening session. Ahhhhh, errrr, excuse me. I'm sorry I guess I get took excited about audio. I just reread your question and I doubt the Mastersound would be someone's first SET. However I can promise it would be their last SET.

Tom Scata (thetubeguy1954)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message