Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Scott 299C and 7591 tubes
Re: Scott 299C and 7591 tubes [message #10042 is a reply to message #10041] Tue, 18 December 2007 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
theo is currently offline  theo
Esquire
Steve,

I checked the caps for heat as you suggested and they get a little warm, but I think that's just because they are close to the tubes. They definitely don't get hot.

You're so right about the phono on this amp. I couldn't believe my ears when I first played a record. The sound almost seems three-dimensional. I'd really like to get a better turntable (any suggestions for a nice, not too expensive turntable?), but even with this average Sony turntable I have, the sound is amazing.

I read an article in Rolling Stone (latest issue) about modern digital sound quality and basically the article ends saying that hi-fi, audiophile sound quality is over - a thing of the past. Amazing, with all this new technology, sound quality is actually getting worse! And people seem to be OK with that. Me, I'll stick with this 45-year old Scott if that's what it takes to get the real deal.

Theo

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ping Steve Brown -- re: Seth(s)
Next Topic: orgasonic model 40
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:27:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout