Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi7 Mid Horn Question's (Pi7 Mid Horn Question's)
Pi7 Mid Horn Question's [message #73286] Sun, 15 July 2012 00:18 Go to previous message
OldHornFan is currently offline  OldHornFan
Esquire
Hi Pi Speaker Forum,

I'm old but new here so please bear with me.

I have some old gear here I would like to use to build a horn loaded, (I'm a hornaholic, the kids won't like it but I will) home theater system around, i.e. EV Sentry IVB components, XO's, T35A tweeters, and SM120 horns. Unfortunately EV-1823M horn drivers are scarce so when I found the Pi7 mid horn I said, Self! this may fill the mid gap, and they look easy enough to build with materials I have laying around. Not sure what to do for bottom end yet. I have 15" JBL 2220A's and Gauss 5840's to work with, cabinets TBT. (Any suggestions??)

Anyway my first, (real!) question is will the Pi7 horn work with the IVB XO's, (400Hz & 3500HZ) if another Eminence driver say the Deltalite II 2510, (48Hz-4KHz); Alpha 10A, 57Hz-4.5KHz); Basslite CA2010, (48Hz-7KHz) or Legend B810, (49Hz-5.1KHz) is used? If so could the dimensional geometry be provided for the mid horn so I can start nesting layouts for the ply laying around in the shop?
Money is tight so I'm trying to use up things in hand.

Also would some sort of phase ball/plug device at the throat help with the higher XO?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Old Horn Fan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi 3 subwoofer