Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » To anybody that's seen a MQ S-271-A...
Fine idea! [message #9878 is a reply to message #9875] Thu, 28 December 2006 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
Your suggestion matches what I am doing. I asked the question after discovering it was going to be quite difficult to replicate its construction details. Seemed like a reasonable question to satisfy a rather idle curiousity: did MQ ever do a real job with their clones?

My answer arrived at after discussing the topic with a few owners of the MQ product is that they did not. Seemed sort of ironic to me, as they are always selling the Ni stripe as an expensive upgrade. As long as there are few folks who bother to look at an original closely, he can leave out what ever he wishes. If I had to bet on the rest of that remarkably complex coil, I would bet against him there too.

Either way, I am not going to attempt selling these output TX's. Anybody who wants one, need only pick up the phone and speak to Heyboer. I plan to publicize the winding details for anybody to pick up and examine.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message