Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Helper Woofer Location
Re: Helper Woofer Location [message #77059 is a reply to message #77058] Sat, 22 June 2013 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dheflin44 is currently offline  dheflin44
Baron
Wayne Parham wrote on Sat, 22 June 2013 11:55

Try that and see how it sounds. You can always try the other way too, with mains outboard, but I think it will probably sound better with them inboard. But again, if you can do constant directivity cornerhorns, those are even better still.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to try it with yet. In fact I just sent you a PM for more parts. I'm just doing some planning and looking ahead.

I can't pull the 4PIs inboard at all without blocking the screen. I just wanted to see how big a deal it is to have the mains outbound, and also if they could be right in the corner (if needed they can come out into the room away from the front wall).

I have thought about the 7PIs, but at their normal distance from the corners they would also get in front of the screen. If I remove the doghouse in the back, how much closer to the corner can the 7PIs get without significantly affecting the sound?

-Darrell

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message