Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » simplifying the Guinevere
you don't get it... [message #9273 is a reply to message #9272] Wed, 12 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
MQ: Rather than argue theory and psuedo science with you.

Don't worry Mike, I won't be arguing anything with you. Certainly not your pseudo science or theories like you created to explain how the simple wind EX0-173 is the 'perfect phase splitter', and why we had to perfect it....(if you don't remember that particular one, I'll re-publish it for you )

MQ: Plate chokes have been used in hundreds of circuits and applications without the fridge blowing up or smoking.

I don't recall clamining any such thing. Actually, I did not suggest even an amp built with them would blow up or smoke. It is certainly a risk if one is not careful of CCS design.

MQ: I say... give it a try with an appropiately designed plate choke. Bottlehead uses plate chokes routinely in the output stages of their amps, Gordon Rankin of Wavenlength audio uses plate chokes in several of his parafeed amps...

I have no issue with appropriately designed plate chokes. Please describe what constitutes "apropriately designed" so that one might be able to recognize such a unit. Comming from a manufacturer who claims design capability, this should be no big deal.

I have heard what a circuit built with inappropriately designed and expensive Iron sounds like. Even spent time helping a few of their owners to tear it all out in favour of the Guinevere-style CCS. No need to specify the maker, it is not an important bit of information for this discussion.

Remember it was you who suggested changing the design, and when faced with questions that required your understandig of how the original works, or what does your proposed modification do, you haven't a clue as to an answer. If you are just trying to get folks to buy MQ Iron, just say so...

Please quit accusing me of trying to argue with you. This is a civilized discussion, and nobody is out to get you. Actually, the only person who can truly 'get you' is your self.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message