Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » simplifying the Guinevere
Re: what's next? [message #9272 is a reply to message #9271] Tue, 11 October 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Rather than argue theory and psuedo science with you. I say... pick an appropiate plate choke and give it a try. Listen to it. Measure it. Report your findings. The true test is how it sounds, right?

Doug... your not going to succeed in trolling me into a technical debate with you. Not even worth your tyring to... it won't happen.

The net if full of information on plate loading chokes, the theory of their operation, and examples of their use. On the bottlehead site alone is a wealth of info on this subject and on parafeed.

I've only recommended a plate choke as an alternative to a CCS. Being careful to point out the advantages and disadvantages of each in my inital post in this thread.

Plate chokes have been used in hundreds of circuits and applications without the fridge blowing up or smoking. I say... give it a try with an appropiately designed plate choke. Bottlehead uses plate chokes routinely in the output stages of their amps, Gordon Rankin of Wavenlength audio uses plate chokes in several of his parafeed amps...heck, even Western Electric used plate chokes in the (I forget now) first or second amp they produced commercially. why would I want to argue with you about the technical merits\demerits of this approach?

I'm only recommending that folks consider giving it a try... and that it MIGHT sound better to them.

msl

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message