Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » aX article "A Study System"
I have an idea... [message #8722 is a reply to message #8721] Fri, 21 January 2005 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The SE amp was a neat one. There was one I have heard, called STC Amp. A triode connected 6AK5 feeding a 6BM8 as in the article. Nice for flea power. No linestage needed and I believe NFB was employed in some fashion.

The Guinevere saga would indeed be interesting. The parts which have I have gotten the most out of has been trying to anticipate all the questions and offer choices and alternative methods of solving the design issues.

Since personal taste is such an issue with this hobby, setting out a single means of doing the job is almost impossible. There have been a few unique circumstances which have both helped and interfered with the project.

The primary one being a small number of forum participants. This cuts both ways. It cuts down on background noise, and stuff like, 'you idiot! that way sucks...my way is best'. It also cuts down on the number of 'my way' options which get presented.

Writing would get in the way of more building though...
regards,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Do You Know Which Is The Best 845 Tube?
Next Topic: How does an tube amplifier works?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:20:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio