Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Menno Van Der Veen/OPT's and sound quality
Re: Menno Van Der Veen/OPT's and sound quality [message #8534 is a reply to message #8533] Sun, 10 October 2004 08:42 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; there you go. The man may be onto something afterall. I mean a transformer is an electromagnet. I would like to observe something. Once you take a proven and good functioning circuit add reasonable quality passive components, adjust the circuit's parameters through close attention to scope measurements, the only thing controlling the quality of sound is the transformer. In the dozens of amps I have heard through the years of all types of circuitry, the only significant factor that has seperated them from each other has been the quality of the transformers. In the EAR SE 859, he uses very pricey heavy well regulated trans, Yoshino's hand picked. That is one of the better sounding amps built. So how do we determine which circuit to use since so much is riding on the quality of the iron, the circuit seems almost superfluous. J.R.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Transcendent T16 OTL Kit
Next Topic: KT-88 continued
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 17:20:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects