Home » Audio » LSAF » "Mainstream High End" at the LSAF
"Mainstream High End" at the LSAF [message #64571] Wed, 03 November 2010 08:35 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's a question for 2010 and previous years' LSAF visitors: Are you interested in seeing and hearing "affordable mainstream high end" equipment at the 2011 show?

By "mainstream high end" I mean products that are offered by relatively large manufacturers, advertised in the mainstream audio magazines, non DIY, and marketed through high end audio retailers (brick & mortar and online). This is to differentiate them from the typical LSAF exhibitor, who is a one-person company that sells direct with no "middle man", and whose product prices are relatively low compared to the prices of comparable mainstream equipment.

I'm asking because I need to decide whether we should actively encourage local high end audio retailers to exhibit at the show.The 2010 post-show internet chatter (or the lack threof) about expensive equipment tells me it's a waste of time and money to exhibit $4K power conditioners, $7k electronic components or $15K speakers, but I believe a retailer's presence with one of their more affordable systems (e.g. NAD electronics driving Maggie 1.7's) would be an asset to the show, and could result in some sales for the exhibitor.

So what do you think?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message