Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Thanks Wayne! "4Pi" success.
Re: Thanks Wayne! "4Pi" success. [message #63298 is a reply to message #63297] Thu, 01 July 2010 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
doucanoe is currently offline  doucanoe
Baron
Hey Wayne, thanks for the kind words!

Unfortunately, I'm not set up to measure polars and post for viewing. I hope to be soon but for right now, all I have to work with is WinISD, woofer tester, listening and the suggestions and advice of others.

My big hang up is that my old tired laptop doesn't even have a functioning USB port so I have held off on acquiring the software and mic. to do so. My desktop is not located in a convenient location so pulling it off would be difficult at best.

I really hope to have that remedied soon and when I do, I would be happy to provide them for analysis. For now, I'm flying by the seat of my pants Razz

For what it's worth, here is what I have settled on for the x-overs. I followed the "new" 4Pi crossover schematic but with the following changes in the HF:

Because of my low power (SET) requirements, I omitted the multiple series and parallel resistors in the attenuation circuit and used

R1 - 30 Ohm
R2 - 10 Ohm
C1 - .33 uF

I played around with the resistor in the R2 position trying 8, 10,12 and 16 Ohm and finally settled on the 10 Ohm and am very pleased with what I'm hearing overall.

Please keep in mind that I'm just a hobbyist going by ear with no data to back up what my ears are telling me in the HF anyway Very Happy I'm more than open to suggestions so if you have any, let em rip.

Here is a pic of that section of the circuit.

RC

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Upon further investigation..
Next Topic: 4Pi speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:41:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout