Home » Audio » Measurement » On axis measurements in nearfield listening (I don't experience this as an issue... maybe you do??)
Re: On axis measurements in nearfield listening [message #61026 is a reply to message #61025] Fri, 25 September 2009 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
selahaudio is currently offline  selahaudio
Baron
jp wrote on Fri, 25 September 2009 15:50
To all the experts on this forum :
""Testing is very important to be able to get the best of a speaker or array design"" .As a DIY without too much technical knowledge I would be very pleased if I ( and probably all the DIY's on this forum )could be easily guided on how and where we could find help for beginners for testing and what are the most important tests one should concentrate on ? Or it would be even better if we could be guided on this same forum .
JP

Unfortunately there's not much information for beginners but you might start here http://www.madisound.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=404_3

Dickason's book is the first one to read followed by D' Appolito's "Testing Loudspeakers". I would also frequent some of DIY sites and ask questions or follow threads about equipment and software. One caveat - testing an array is different than a point source. Most builders will have little or no experience with arrays so they won't be able to help you very much. There are a few that will give opinions based on theory but not experience. Some of the theory applies but is no substitute for measuring the results yourself.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What are the differences of the sound when using different isolation transformers?
Next Topic: O Scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:29:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout