Home » Audio » General » Attracting Non-Audiophiles To High End Audio
Re: Attracting Non-Audiophiles To High End Audio [message #60776 is a reply to message #60691] Sun, 06 September 2009 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
As a continuation of attracting people, especially younger people, to better sounding audio--how about we as a group research some music that is recorded well that the younger generation may like? You're not going to convert many people in their late 20's -early 30's by playing Mozart or Miles Davis or even Diana Krall. I am turning 40 and really just began appreciating other types of music other than rock/metal/pop in the last several years. I've heard it most of my life, but considered it either boring and lifeless, or just plain confusing. Don't get me wrong as I've always liked live classical performances where you could see the action as well as hear the music, but a recording of it left me sleeping--which is what it will do to most younger people. Although my 11 year old daughter really likes the psuedo classical Mike Oldfield Music of the Spheres. My kids are different I guess because they are exposed to many types of music. I bought the Beatles White Album the other day and she is digging that too. If only I could get my hands on one of the new mono boxed sets Sad

Anyway, if you know some younger people you might ask them what they listen to and try to find some good recordings of their type of music. That way when they come into an exhibitors room they can hear the difference. They're are some good recordings of rock/metal and popular music out there. I've heard some high end systems do metal quite well. In fact I think this type of music really show what a speaker system can do. There is more going on in the band than most people realize.

What ya'll think?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ordering from Parts Express - ART discount?
Next Topic: Stripping 24 ga. wire w/teflon insulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:54:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout