Home » Audio » General » Attracting Non-Audiophiles To High End Audio
Re: Attracting Non-Audiophiles To High End Audio [message #60629 is a reply to message #60559] Wed, 19 August 2009 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PR Audio is currently offline  PR Audio
Chancellor
Bob Brines wrote on Sun, 09 August 2009 08:00

4. Americans are driven by price. Quality is irrelevant. Given the choice between quality and price, the average consumer will choose price every time.

Bob, in general I agree with you, but, I don't entirely agree with you on point 4. Toyota and Honda did very well for quite some time by emphasizing quality at a moderate price, NOT the lowest price around. Their Korean competitors started doing better once they, in turn, were able to improve their quality to the point that they didn't kill themselves by offering much longer warranties.

Conversely, based on price and economy, the Ford Focus should be a smash sales success, but, it's reputation for poor quality drove a lot of people away from it. (Including me - I bought a used Mazda MX-3 GS many years ago, and a used Toyota Matrix more recently, over a new Focus, and for higher prices to boot.)

Ok, I may be "weird", but are there more Focus's out there than Accords or Corrolas / Corrola based vehicles?

Come visit!
www.praudio.com/site/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ordering from Parts Express - ART discount?
Next Topic: Stripping 24 ga. wire w/teflon insulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 22:19:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout