Home » Audio » General » Attracting Non-Audiophiles To High End Audio
Re: Attracting Non-Audiophiles To High End Audio [message #60559 is a reply to message #60558] Sun, 09 August 2009 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Fred, I'm with you!

Of course, my speakers are a bit above your price point -- $825 for what I consider "entry level", but the basic point remains. Plugging decent speakers in ANY consumer grade amp gives pretty good sound.

The problems with the decreasing audio market are:

1. Since the advent of TV, Internet and computer games, very few people either have the time or are willing to take the time to set down for an hour and listen to music.

2. When people listen to music it is in the car or on the iPod. This sound is the standard the Hi-Fi is measured against.

3. Current pop music sounds horrible on ANY system. However, it sounds worse on a good system. Have you tried to listen to any of this crap on your 2-channel? The guy in the street listens to current pop crap on a good system and comes to the conclusion that it is the SYSTEM that is bad.

4. Americans are driven by price. Quality is irrelevant. Given the choice between quality and price, the average consumer will choose price every time.

Fortunately, there will always be a few people that will listen to music. They are out there. As the high end stores continue to close, more and more of these folks are forced to take a gamble on Internet shops like me. In fact, business is starting to pic up. I have two orders in hand at this moment.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ordering from Parts Express - ART discount?
Next Topic: Stripping 24 ga. wire w/teflon insulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:06:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout